Scheduled for a surgical abortion

I am scheduled for a surgical abortion in less then a week, I will be asleep during it, I will be 11 weeks when I have it done. This decision has taken me a while to come to so I am not looking for criticism or being told I am making the wrong choice, and I am mostly interested in hearing from women who have had an abortion. I'm wanting to know how the process went for you, whether you were asleep or not. I was told I would spend about 6 hours at the clinic, other then being in a recovery room for an hour after the abortion I don't know how long everything else takes.

I had a surgical abortion a few years ago this is what happened to me on the day. Once i got there they showed me my bed and asked me a few general questions like any illness i have if im on medication etc it took about 30mins for that and i just waited until the person who was putting me to sleep came and asked more questions, i was then asked to put a gown on and remove all my clothing i then layed on the bed till they were ready to come and get me when they arrived for me as was so nervous i was feeling so sick but they were so nice to me they didnt judge me at all they made feel more ralexed they then put a mask over my mouth and nose and said to breath deeply the next thing i remember was them waken me up and it was all over with i just cried. I was in the recovery room for about an hour then went back to the ward which i just went back to sleep for a bit when i was more awake the got me to eat and drink and to go for a pee as soon as i did all that they said i could go home with some medication all and all it took about 5hours but it didnt feel like that it just felt as if i just got there i hope that helps x

10 most recent discussions

Number of replies Last post
  Due date tomorrow..
  I don't want another abortion but i don't want to keep it either?
  Irregular periods?
  22 pregnant and confused
  Do i have an abortion?
  Not sure whether to have an abortion or not...
  Advice needed...living with regret
Don't miss...
This Week's Hollyoaks SpoilersLong Layered Hairstyles For Women
Haircut Ideas for Red HairNext Week's Coronation Street Spoilers