•  
  •  
  •  
 in
OK

« 

My boyfriend is 7 years younger than me

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I have been going out for a couple of months now. Everything is great, I'm finally in love again after 4 years of love desert. The problem is that I'm 31 and my boyfriend is 24. I don't dare tell other people his real age so I lie and say he's 27 or 28 (luckily he looks older). I went out with guys younger than me in the past (4 or 5 years younger) but these guys always turned out to be superficial and immature. I'm scared, I don't want to end up hurt, especially since I REALLY care about this guy.

Any suggestions?

Maui

Don't worry about it

I would like to say only one thins if you like each other and Both of you don't have any problem according to your age the just forget about it.. And Yeah one more thing If you really love someone then Age, Height, Weight and Distance all are just a Number....

Younger guy

Totally agree with V on this one, in love nothing matters, since you are elder than him, you have the edge of maturity and can take decisions which he is unable to think at this point. May God bless both of you

Bad bad move...

All I have to say is: DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went out with a guy 7 years younger than me and my heart is TOTALLY broken. Like you, oh boy did I care about this guy. Totally in love with him. I treated him so well, showed him pretty much all he knows now. He was so sweet, poetic, refined, smart, and was not like the other guys. He was into philosophy, and music (he is aiming to be a professional drummer and pretty damn good at it!), good food (I cook pretty well), vegetarian and vegan food, tea, good beer (not to get drunk, but to enjoy) and did not go out in clubs, did meditation. He was my perfect match. He told me he wanted to marry me. One day he realized what he was getting into, and left me. I am totally devastated. He will offer all the things he promised to another girl. And I can't even imagine it without crying my eyes out. DON'T DO IT, it's just torture.

Did it work?

Hi Mauinella,

Its been some time. Out of curiosity are you guys still together? i am in a similar position

It's hard work!

I've just broken up with my boyfriend; I'm 30 and he's 23. Things started off great, though i did the same and pretended he was older - i think this is a bad sign!Once the initial buzz wore off it became obvious that we were at different stages of life (he was going back to university) and his immaturity became clearer and stupid things he said began to bug me. this became obvious to him, which made him insecure.

I think it will only work if he is very mature or you act a bit younger than you are so your differences don't ... each other off. You also need similar lifes, similar friends etc. My experience is though that you will want and expect more than he can offer and it won't work.

Age is just a number

Hello,

I have been with a guy 5 years younger than me then one who was 12 years older than me, the age gap does not matter(but the younger one was more mature than the elder one!!).
Enjoy the present, its your life and dont worry about what other people say!!
Wish you good luck

V.x

Thanks vee

by:mauinella

for your wise words. I keep on reminding myself you are right, but I guess I just let other people's opinions affect me too much and that is just not healthy.
There is nothing I can do by the way, I'm head over heels in love with this guy
Thanks for the encouragement,

Maui

« 

10 most recent discussions

Number of replies Last post
  Does he like me?
by:mabelle941
  How to make long distance relationship work?
by:william025

by:johnpatric
  Hi friends
by:zeon1769

by:thepoohay

by:thepoohay

by:alexpablo907

by:superjoker2
  Should i keep seeing him if he has no job?
by:bubble005

by:du703

Copyright © 1999-2014 soFeminine.co.uk
This week: Food & Drink Special : recipes from A to Z, by country, by duration, by type - Surnames - E-cards
Axel Springer Group: Idealo.co.uk