• News & Entertainment 
  • Relationships 
  • Sex 
  • Dieting 
  • Fashion 
  • Food & Drink

« 

Getting married in secret

Me and my hubby to be have been together for a year and 4 months. We got engaged after five months and started to plan or wedding for August 2011.

I fell pregnant and am due on the 1rst of August and we have decided to bring the wedding closer.

My mum lives in Ireland (I live in Scotland) and she is coming over after baby is born so I couldn't ask her to come over in July also. I don't speak to my dad so the only family I would have is my sister and an aunt and uncle.

Instead me and my hubby to be have decided to get married in our local registry office with only a couple of friends who introduced us.

I just need somebody to talk to about it. Sorry for ranting on.

Karen

Its your day!

Rant away, theres always someone who will listen. I admire you, I'd love to just go off and get married, guilt prevents me. My parents would be upset!

Not a fan of big weddings

by:kazjam1982

The thought of having to go out and buy a wedding dress has always scared me. I just look at the dresses and I get scared. I am not comfortable being the centre of attention either.

I know there will be a lot of people upset about what we are doing but I would like to be married before I have the baby, plus this would mean I have the same name as my hubby to be and the baby.

Thanks for the reply.

Me neither!!

by:shaz1993

God, I completely understand about not wanting to be the centre of attention for the day! That fills me with dread also! Most women dream about a big wedding and all the stuff that goes with it. I just want the least amount of people there possible! Simple dress, back to the house after, for a small buffet, sorted!

Go ahead and do it, I didn't , I have a different name as my son and partner, which does bother me.

people will only be upset for a little while, if they really care about you, they will understand.

« 

10 most recent discussions

Number of replies Last post

by:jitesh
  Français mariés en angleterre, help !
by:ema295
  Any idea of dress that bride's paren'ts should be wearing on wedding day ?
by:cindy3089
  No proposal... ever!
by:ticklytrina
  Is fitting of wedding dress a badluck ? any idea pls ?
  Wot do u all think?
by:cazkizzy24

Lookinf for a wedding dress desperately
by:lavenderfairy
  French living in uk - advice on change of name post wedding
by:ingridcw

by:debiliciouss

Copyright © 1999-2014 soFeminine.co.uk
This week: Food & Drink Special : recipes from A to Z, by country, by duration, by type - Surnames - E-cards
Axel Springer Group: Idealo.co.uk