« 

Getting pregnant after coming off deprovera (pill injection)

Hi guys,

I was just wanting to share any stories/experiences you have had of trying to get pregnant after depo.

I have heard it takes some women years and my Doctor told me to expect to wait a year. I don't think I can wait that long, someone reassure me!

Vikki

Injectionnn...

Hello Vicki! I had been on the injection for 1 year, Roughly about 3 months ago the most, I decided to come off it, For some reason my body did not like it one bit, I bleed constantly through out the whole time of being on it!! When I came off the injection my GP (Doctor) said it was okay to give my body a 1 month week breather, as it is very unlikely for me to get pregnant straight after coming off the injection. So 1 month after, I returned to the doctors to get put back on the pill, This time I had the nurse, I explained my GP allowed me to have a 1 month break, Which I shouldn't of had!! I then was told by my nurse to take a test, and I then fount out I was pregnant..Funnily enough I have the doctors tonight when I finish work and find out how far I am!! So don't listen to people who says it takes about a year, Because it don't.. Then again everyone is different and some are more fertile than others! I'm not too sure if they still do it, but im sure there is some kind of thing that doctors give you, that help the chances of getting pregnant? That may work! I wish you the best of Luck ..
Amy
xxx

Petrified & soon ttc after dreaded depo!!

Hi
I guess I'm seeking some words of wisdom!
My hubby and I have decided to try for a baby, however my current depo injection doesnt expire till Feb 2011.
Ive read so many horror stories about people TTC after the injection and I'm so worried It'll take forever!!

Nikki

Injection

hey i have been reading a load of messages on here about the famous injection well i went on it due to forgetting to take the pill and didnt want a family at the time i have been off the injection nearly a year now and now married me and my husband have been trying but no luck as my periods havent returned yet now i find this does make me feel low sometimes and dont know what to do about it i have taken one lot of pills that should of helped my periods but never did i just have one thing to say if you are reading this and thinking about going on the injection DONT its a con it messes up your body big time which isnt normal! i just hope it isnt much longer before my periods return becuase i feel like i cant take much more problems when it comes to trying for a family if you have anything to advise me with please do

Hiya

i just wanted to let you know i was on the depo for 9 months i was meant to have the injection on the 5th of feb this year and dint go as i am trying for a baby i came on my period on the 9th march so it didnt take me long at all. my period was completely normal just as it was before i went on the injection (as i dint have periods on the injection) and i have been told from a nurse that it looks like my fertility has retured to normal and that i should not have no problems in concieving. the docs told me a year so remember everyone is different and you may concieve alot quicker than that. Good luck!

laura

Pill injection

HI,

I HAVE ONLY HAD 1 INJECTION WHICH LASTED 4 MONTHS AND RAN OUT SEPT, MY PERIODS RETURNED 4 WEEKS LATER LASTED 2 WEEKS THEN OFF FOR ONE WEEK, THEN GOT ANOTHER PERIOD FOR 1 WEEK, THAT WAS 4 WEEKS AGO! I AM TRYING TO CONCIEVE NOW BUT I HAVE READ STORIES LIKE YOU THAT STATES UPTO A YEAR TO FALL AND SOMETIMES LONGER.
LETS HOPE NOT XX

Hi

I was on depo for years, when i decided to come off depo,
My doctor said the same that it could take 2 years.
I came odd depo in the April and in the july i found out i was pregnant.... i was shocked as it came as a surprise
The best advise is dont worry it will happen.

Em x

Hiya

Im not from ttc im from expecting, but just popped on over here to see how everyone was getting on.

Well i was on depo for about 5ish years and we werent actually planning on starting a family for another few years but because ive got crohns disease and other health problems my consultant advised us that we come off the depo as it could take us anything from 1yr to 5yrs to fall pregnant.

Anyhow i came off the depo in the January last year and was pregnant by the february. Unfortunatley we m/c that time around but fell pregnant again in december and im now nearly 30 weeks and things seem to be going great this time.

Everybody is different, my consultant was really shocked when i fell pregnant so quick because with health probs on top of taking depo he thought we'd have a hard time falling.

Hope this gives you a bit of reassurance.

Tc Lu
xx

Getting pregnant after injection

Hi i dont want to get you down as doctors do say everone is different but have been off the injection for at least 18 months as i switched to the micro g pills and have been trying to concieve since september last year without any luck so i have been trying for 10 months it really has messed up my body and i will not be goin back on the injection.

lisa

Sorry...

I can't reassure you. It took 13 momths for my periods to return. I then got pregnant 6 months later but unfortunately that ended in m/c

I am now almost 17 weeks pregnant, and I came off Depo in January 2006

Good luck

Lisa x

3 months

after stopping depo I got pg with my first. I also know someone else that fell very quickly too. good luck

Jen x

« 

10 most recent discussions

Number of replies Last post
  Tips to concieve
by:emzcb

by:babyrun2010
  Think im gna do a first response later fingers crossed
by:staceyt1
  Well back from docs
by:keara29
  Hi everyone anyone remember me