• News & Entertainment 
  • Relationships 
  • Sex 
  • Dieting 
  • Fashion 
  • Food & Drink

« 

Abortion was hell for me

I had an termination (I hate to use the word Abortion) 7 years tomorrow and every month my period comes I think about nothing but the baby I could have had. I am still with the same partner in fact we are married now but the termination is like the elephant in the room most of the time. When I had the termination I was in my very early 30's and it was always something I vowed never to when I was younger but me and my partner had not been together very longer when I fell pregnant after a drunken New Years Eve night out and when I did discover I was pregnant I always was about to loose my job. My partner did'nt want to have the baby with my job situation in the balance and convinced me it was the best thing for me and for our relationship to not bring a child into the mix.

It is something I deeply regret to this day that I listened to not only my partner but others in my circle I confided in went ahead with the decision I know I was a fully grown adult but it was the first time I had fallen pregnant and my head was all over the place. I long to know if I will ever have children but my husband is not really interested in sex so unless I resort other methods I doubt I ever will but then I wonder if I should be allowed to have children since I was careless about the last one I know my message is a rambling one but I have had this building up inside me for the last 7 years and I finally found an outlet.

All I can say is to anyone else who finds themselves pregnant and feels they cannot keep the baby for whatever reason try and explore every option possible before resoting to a termination it can have a devestating effect on your life,mental health and relationships.

For frankie, this course helps you to see how forgiveness works in your life

Thank you for telling your story here. I had a similar experience and then I found something that really helped to turn my life around. If you go to messengers2.com and respond to some of the writing on the site I am sure you will find the help you need. There is also a site called mtjoycollege.com where some professional and lay people are training and studying how to bring about healing for the manifold troubles that terminations are causing for people. Some men are put off sex by the termination and there needs to be a concerted effort to help these men to get well again.
Of course you would like a baby and I am sure that with time that will come too.
All the best
Casey

Sorry meant 8 years later. Never will forgive myself x

Abortion was hell for me

by:frankie232

Hi maybebaby
It is a very hard thing to reconcile your feelings with the act and I am with you I will never ever forgive myself but you have to take each day a step at a time.
Thank you for your comment and its nice in one sense that I'm not alone in my despair.
Ax

I feel the same 7 years later. I have 3 kids and im trying to concieve again

There's always hope

Frankie,
Im sending you a pm with some other websites which deal with post abortion trauma. These are by women who have experienced an abortion. Hope this will help. I too am sure that, in time, you will have other children. Take care.

Hi frankie

Thank you for telling your story here. I had a similar experience and then I found something that really helped to turn my life around. If you go to messengers2.com and respond to some of the writing on the site I am sure you will find the help you need. There is also a site called mtjoycollege.com where some professional and lay people are training and studying how to bring about healing for the manifold troubles that terminations are causing for people. Some men are put off sex by the termination and there needs to be a concerted effort to help these men to get well again.
Of course you would like a baby and I am sure that with time that will come too.
All the best
Casey

Mt joy

by:lifeisforeveryone

Casey,
I went to those websites and they are really interesting. Where do you get this information?And do you have more?

« 

10 most recent discussions

Number of replies Last post
  Would like some advice plz
by:betzy1989
  Sex after abortion
by:confused891
  My minds a blank
by:klou1987
  Confused
by:tigger2121
  Right thing?
by:bubble12345
  I had an abortion on 24 jan 2012 and are now devastated
by:kk360
  Abortion planned and im not coping too well
by:aban3
  Read this
by:justmealone
  Losing mother to lung cancer, just found out i am pregnant.
by:ariski1990

by:missmatch89

Copyright © 1999-2014 soFeminine.co.uk
This week: Food & Drink Special : recipes from A to Z, by country, by duration, by type - Surnames - E-cards
Axel Springer Group: Idealo.co.uk