« 

Where is the marine commando diet?? (best diet ever!!)

I once did a diet called the marine commando diet. It was a one week plan that is repeated for a 14 day diet, that is to be done only twice a year.
It's a food combination diet with 3 set meals a day, where you can eat as much as you like of the stated foods.
The first day is bad, 3 eggs for each meal! But the following 6 days do actually offer a rather balanced, albeit strange, diet.
One of the meals that i can remember is lamb chops, spinich, tomatoes and cottage cheese.
I lost almost a stone doing this diet for two weeks. I know this is too speedy for 'sensible' weight loss, but needs must!!
Does anyone have a copy of this or know someone who has? I would be so happy to get hold of it, would be a great kick start to my 2009 diet!
Would also recommend it to anyone who needs to lose 2+ stone. (I am not a nutritionist, but as I say, I believe needs must!)
Thanks, Gen.

Here is the best one

Day 1 3 eggs, grapefruit, coffee or tea
3 eggs, tomato, coffee or tea
3 eggs, salad, toast, grapefruit, coffee or tea

Day 2 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
1 egg, tomatoes, spinach, coffee or tea
Steak, tomatoes, lettuce, celery, black olives, cucumbers, coffee or tea

Day 3 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
2 pork chops, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea

Day 4 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Salad, grapefruit, coffee or tea
2 eggs, cottage cheese, spinach, dry toast, coffee or tea

Day 5 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Fruit salad coffee or tea
Steak, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea

Day 6 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Fruit salad, coffee or tea

Day 7 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Cold chicken (boiled or baked) tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea
Veggie soup, chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea

Where is the marine commando diet?? (best diet ever!!)

eat eggs, vagitables fruite.

Happy with responses! and some additional info.

Im so pleased to have checked back here 3 years later to find that the diet has been posted. I am on day 6, I dont weigh myself (duh!) but my tummy has gone down a lot and I am very thirsty so it must be doing something! I have been drinking lots of water but Im still thirsty!

The diet that has been posted 3 times on this discussion board is pretty much what I remember. However, Im pretty sure the breakfast was one egg or half a grapefruit, not a whole grapefruit. I could be wrong, it was a good 7 years ago that I did the diet before. I also think the amount of toast was stated, it was either 2 or 3 slices. It doesnt mention about salt, I feel like it should be allowed, but I havent had any just in case. Those eggs would be so much better with a bit of salt! Ive been drinking black coffee throughout the day instead of just with meals, and also hot water with lemon slices in it. I think so long as you dont over do the amount of black coffee and lemon you have it shouldnt matter too much if you have it with the meals or not. It doesnt mention water, I would make sure you are drinking your 2 litres of water a day on this as your body needs it to help with all the chemical reactions that are going on. Salad can be any non-root/non carb vegetable that is uncooked/unprocessed, and green salad being the green ones only! I tend to have cucumber, lettuce, baby leaf spinach, green pepper. The diet sheet I had also explained the weight loss curve, saying that not much would happen for the first few days, but towards the end of week one there would be some dramatic change, then you continue to loose but at a lesser rate each day until the end of week two. This is why you should only do the diet for two weeks, you are tricking your body into doing whatever its doing, and by the end of week two your body starts to get used to it. If anyone does have the diet sheet that mentions any of these things, please could they send me a copy gengengen@btinternet.com . To be honest, the version that is posted on here seems to working just fine, but it would be good to compare!

In answer to some of the questions people have raised;
Where no quantity is stated just be sensible. Put as much on your plate that you will need to fill you up. When you have 3 stated things to eat, dont let the less healthy thing be more than a third of your plate, as long as you are eating the items in sensible proportions to each other it should work.
I always bake myself some salmon side for the fish, which is quite an oily fish, and it still works. I dont eat the fattier bit near the skin though. I think you can have any fish, just make sure its fresh or doesnt have anything added to it.
Exercise, I remember the diet sheet I had saying do not attempt to do any exercise during the first week. If you are already a gym bunny I dont see why you should stop with your normal routine, but if you are not, this is not the time to start! Start doing some light stuff in the second week perhaps that you can continue to build on once you have finished this diet.
Maintaining your weight loss, well the simple answer to this is eat less and do more! It doesnt even have to be a major change. I use myfitnesspal.com to enter all my calories even when Im not dieting, and you soon see where it is you are going wrong when you add in all those snacks, drinks, teaspoons of sugar etc etc. If you wanna keep eating like that but stay slim you need to exercise, if you cant exercise you need to eat less. Simple really. I struggle with it though, hence using this diet again!
You cannot omit anything and you cannot replace anything. So no good for veggys. You need to eat all of the things to get the right chemical reactions going in your body, and because I have no idea what those chemical reactions are or what in the foods cause them, there is no way of knowing what would be a good replacement either. Would be great to track the person down who put the diet together!
You can have your eggs any way you like so long as you dont add anything. So scrambled without milk or butter would be fine, fried in a non stick pan with no oil (not even fry light!) would be fine, as would omelette with no milk or oil etc. Soft boiled, hard boiled, poached etc etc etc.
I wouldnt recommend doing the diet for more than two weeks as it would loose its effectiveness, youd be better off just limiting your calories and doing some exercise. Then you can eat what you what up to your calorie limit.

Thanks for the postings everyone!
Gen

Thankyou

by:monasul

but i was just wondering did you lose any inches or pant size??

Inches/dress size

by:pinktigergen

I am starting as a size 16 (US 14) and I think I'm on my way to being a size 14 (US 12) by the time I am finished. 7 1/2 days to go!

Marine diet

you find your diet Gen?

Royal navy commando diet

i have many copies of this diet and i find it works very well
if you have a year break as it seems your body reacts better
if you only do the diet twice a year then take a break but every body is differant send me an e-mail and i can either type
all the days diet in or try and scan and send the diet to you
i have just started the diet today after a year break so mmmmmm eggs lol

Hello

IIm starting this diet today, can i drink as much black coffee and water as i want! it doesn't say on the diet sheet

Marine diet - as attached

Day 1

Breakfast - 3 eggs

Lunch - 3 eggs

Dinner - 3 eggs

Day 2

Breakfast - 1 egg or grapefruit

Lunch - Fresh fruit salad

Dinner - Steak, Tomatoes, Celery and cottage cheese

Day 3

Lunch - Fish, Tomatoes, spinach and Salad

Dinner - Lean Lamb chops, tomatoes and salad

Day 4

Lunch - Green salad and tomatoes

Dinner - 3 eggs and dried toast

Day 5

Lunch - Fish, Tomatoes, and Salad

Dinner - Lean ham salad, tomatoes and spinach

Day 6

Lunch - 3 eggs dried toast

Dinner - Steak Celery, tomatoes and cottage cheese

Day 7

Lunch - Fresh fruit salad

Dinner - Lean lamb chops salad and tomatoes

Repeat again for week 2

Black coffee, water or pure lemon juice can be taken with the meal

Eat exactly what is stated where amount are stated, where they are not eat as much as you want.

DO NOT EAT BETWEEN MEALS

No dressings or sauces only vinegar is allowed

Do not carry out for more than 2 weeks, DO NOT use this diet more than four times a year. There should be a loss of up to 2 stones, variations of the die will have a MAJOR effect on the amount of weight you lose.

Weight yourself at the beginning and at the very end of the diet

Can i have a copy

by:centralexpert

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to email me a copy of the diet.

Regards

Two week diet

by:angelab30

Day 1 3 eggs, grapefruit, coffee or tea
3 eggs, tomato, coffee or tea
3 eggs, salad, toast, grapefruit, coffee or tea

Day 2 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Steak, tomatoes, lettuce, celery, black olives, cucumbers, coffee or tea

Day 3 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
2 pork chops, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea

Day 4 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Salad, grapefruit, coffee or tea
2 eggs, cottage cheese, spinach, dry toast, coffee or tea

Day 5 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Fruit salad coffee or tea

Day 6 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Fruit salad, coffee or tea

Day 7 1 egg, grapefruit, coffee or tea
Cold chicken (boiled or baked) tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea
Veggie soup, chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea

Help!"!!!

hi is it possible to send me the diet sheet so i can start this asap i cnt find it anywear congtars on ur wieght loss too ,amy thanks michelle x

?????

Can I omit or replace anything in the diet or do I have to eat everything??

After the diet

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to keep weight off after the diet?

Diet

Along with this diet do you have to workout or do alot of cardio working out?!?!

Kind of eggs!!

by:carmor124

What kind of eggs?!?! boiled ? fried? what kind can you have?!?!?!

Excatly the same

by:lucyw3

hey i was thinking exactly the same! what eggs can u have?
how have you got on with your diet??

Marine commando...

I HAVE NEVER DONE IT BUT WANT TO TRY! HOW DID U FIND IT? WHERE U HUNGRY? I COPIED THE DIET BELOW...
Day 1

3 eggs

3 eggs

3 eggs

Day 2

1 egg or grapefruit

Fresh fruit salad

Steak, Tomatoes, Celery and cottage cheese

Day 3

1 egg or grapefruit

Fish, Tomatoes, spinach and Salad

Lean Lamb chops, tomatoes and salad

Day 4

1 egg or grapefruit

Green salad and tomatoes

3 eggs and dried toast

Day 5

1 egg or grapefruit

Fish, Tomatoes, and Salad

Lean ham salad, tomatoes and spinach

Day 6

1 egg or grapefruit

3 eggs dried toast

Steak Celery, tomatoes and cottage cheese

Day 7

1 egg or grapefruit

Fresh fruit salad

Lean lamb chops salad and tomatoes

Repeat again for week 2

Black coffee, water or pure lemon juice can be taken with the meal

Eat exactly what is stated where amount are stated, where they are not eat as much as you want.

DO NOT EAT BETWEEN MEALS

No dressings or sauces only vinegar is allowed

Do not carry out for more than 2 weeks, DO NOT use this diet more than four times a year. There should be a loss of up to 2 stones, variations of the die will have a MAJOR effect on the amount of weight you lose.

Weight yourself at the beginning and at the very end of the diet

Comando diet

by:sally2830

Hey, please can you email me this deit I CANNOT WAIT TO BE THIN
thankyou

myapollo@sky.com

Marine diet

by:theresap1

I love this diet. Have lost 10lbs in my first week and am begining week 2. Common sense tells me that it is not the best diet in the whole world due to the excessive use of eggs but it is a darn sight healthier than some fad diets. There is lots of salad, tomatoes, some fruit and two instances of carbs in toast. It is not that bad. Therefore I am going to do it for an additional week. Has any one else done it for more than 2 weeks? Please let me know.

« 
More replies: 1234

10 most recent discussions

Number of replies Last post
  About to start cambridge diet
by:tubbyscenester
  Cambridge diet
by:kikin91
  Cambridge - help!
by:tor0401

by:mumtazk1
  Master cleanse