« 

How big should my belly be?

I am 18 weeks pregnant, and I still dont even look pregnant, I have a bit of a belly, but its nothing like my freinds who is just as far along as I am! Will my baby be premature or something, or born really tiny? I would ask my doctor but I dont see her untill the 28th of this month, and it just seems alittle bit wierd that Im so tiny compared to everyone else...I sort of get the impression that people are thinking I am lying about being pregnant at all...I know other peoples opinions dont matter..but thats how bad it is! I know there is a baby in there and its moving and has a heartbeat because I have heard and seen it! Am I worrying for nothing?

Me neither!!

I'm 18 weeks in a couple of days, and have only a very small bump too - this is my third and thought i would be bigger than this...suppose not complaining but just seems a bit weird as nobody can see I am preganant in fact have lost about a stone so look smaller!!!!

I am right there with you!

I just noticed this was written last November.. but I'm right there with you! I'm 24 weeks pregnant, this is my first baby and this "bump" sometimes doesn't even seem like a bump at all! It's tiny! The doctor says he's going to be a small baby, about 7 pounds.. but still! I wish this would be cute and poke out sometimes! I have a friend that is as far along as I am. . and she's HUGE! she's having a little boy too.. soo what's UP? AHHH it's driving me crazy. i can't wait to go to the doctor in a couple days and talk to him. this is driving me nuts! I guess it's like others say, it's your first pregnancy.. you may not get big. but ahh. I guess I'll just have to learn to relax. lol

Nothing to worry about...

I would have to agree with the others. i would say that if this is your first pregnancy, then dont worry. your body has never experienced being this way before. most first pregnancies are much smaller than subsequent ones. not to say the baby will be smaller. for example, think of your stomach muscles as a brand new rubberband that has never been used. the first time you stretch it, it wont stretch too far... but if you stretch it again, it will stretch farther. thats all it is. When i was pregnant with my first, you couldnt tell i was 41 weeks along unless i turned sideways. now im 14 weeks along with my fourth and already wearing maternity clothes! believe me. enjoy being small. it dosent last forever!!!!good luck with your pregnancy!

Im with you!!!

by:lilmama09

Hi!My name is melissa and I am 32 weeks pregnant and you cant really tell.im not poking ouit much but the doctor says im rite where im suppose to be.i was worried at first but after talking to my doctor and others i was reasurred.I just hope my next pregnancy i will get bigger!

I know how you feel

Hello. I am 20 weeks pregnant and i still only have a tiny bump. I keep getting comments from people saying horrible things to me like there must be something wrong if your not showing. I was too worried about this and tomorrow i go for my 20 week scan. Like my friends say if you have a big bump early on in the pregnancy you only have lots of extra weight to carry round. As long as you can feel movement and little flutters ( which i love) then you know nothing is wrong. Like you said other peoples opinions don't matter and they should keep their noses out.
Good look with the pregnancy.

Count ur blessings!!

im 38 weeks pregnant all through my pregnancy i was wishing to have a bigger belly as no one suspected i was pregnant now all of a sudden i woke up with this gigantic football belly and wish it wasn't as big!! u just cant win! good luck xx

I have a question????

SO ALL THROUGH YOUR PERGANANCY YOU DIDNT SHOW REALLY AT ALL?CAUSE IM 32 WEEKS AND THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY AND IM NOT REALLY THAT BIG EITHER. I MEAN YOU CAN TELL IM PREGNANT BUT FOR 7 MONTHS PREGNANT IM NOT AS BIG AS I SHOULD BE.WHERE YOU THE SAME?

It's completely normal

I was tiny all the way through my first pregnancy and was barely visable at full term. Whereas with my 3rd pregnancy I was absolutely huge and could barely go anywhere

Perfectly normal...

All are different, I am 24 weeks and I have 'exploded' in the last 2 weeks - really went from zero to (what feels for now) huge - but I mentioned to a coworker today that I still haven't told HR that I am preganant - and they looked at me in complete shock - OH WOW You are pregenant that is WONDERFUL!

So I guess I am not quite as big as I thought I was...

I'm still wearing all normal clothes (there are some jeans & trousers that don't work anymore, but anything low waisted still does).

And even though my bump is small, my dr thinks it will be a big baby because my uterus is very high (when it is normally at one's belly button, it was 2 inches higher). So I don't there is ANY correlation between bump, baby, & anything else.

I agree its weird to go for weeks and weeks with the only 'proof' of baby what you see on teh scans! But it will all be obvious enough in good time!

Hi

SO YOU BLEW UP YOUR LAST COUPLE WEEKS?

« 

10 most recent discussions

Number of replies Last post
  Hey
by:taram555
  Jelouse*sp* moment!
by:missshikari
  Pets n babies??
by:playboy2610
  What bottles
by:missshikari
  Is this normal??
by:wellenor
  Find out the sex of the baby b4 being born?
by:mamencita15
  Had my scan and im having.........
by:yumzy
  Dizzy spell
by:pinkglitterystuff
  Pregnant after mc with no period!!!!!
by:evavill7
  Anyone due in september??
by:sarahkeyes123